About Major, Lindsey & Africa
Established in 1982, Major, Lindsey & Africa is committed to meeting the ever-evolving legal search needs of law firms and corporate legal departments. To truly understand the career aspirations of those in the legal field – as well as the needs of the firms and companies that hire them – a recruiter must have experience, focus and in-depth market knowledge of the legal profession. By being committed specialists, our information systems, networks, search and qualification processes – everything we do – is aligned with the legal profession. We know more people in the profession and we know them better than anyone else in the industry. This knowledge has helped us to expand our recruiting service offerings to bring more comprehensive legal recruiting solutions to both law firms and corporate clients. Our deep understanding of our clients' ever-evolving staffing and recruiting needs has led us to launch successful practices in law firm management recruiting (non-legal positions at law firms) as well as the Solutions Practice Group, which focuses on the entire realm of legal human capital and staffing solutions for companies and law firms. Trends in client needs have also led us to open successful legal recruiting practices in London and Asia, servicing the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions, respectively.
- Be the partner of choice for our clients, meeting their evolving local and global recruiting needs
- Be the trusted advisor to top candidates in our markets, providing them with career-long counsel and opportunities
At MLA, we take our ethical responsibilities as seriously as you do and view these tenets as our foundation and guide. We respect and value our obligations to all direct and indirect stakeholders in the legal recruiting process – candidates, law firms, companies, partner owners, boards of directors, stockholders – and to the law itself.
Please take the time to review our corporate values statement. It encompasses our unwavering commitment to the highest ethical standards:
How we do business is as important to us as what we do. Values are the foundation of the company's culture. They are the rules that cannot be broken. These statements provide the context for all the decision-making at MLA.
Major, Lindsey & Africa Value Statement
The primary Major, Lindsey & Africa values are:
- Integrity. We operate ethically, honestly and in the best interests of our clients.
- Quality. We are known for our reliability, responsiveness, expertise, professionalism and empathy.
- Mutual Trust and Respect. We respect our candidates, clients and colleagues as individuals and honor their career goals and aspirations.
- Diversity. We know that maintaining a diverse workforce is essential for building a strong and vital organization. We are committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees from diverse backgrounds for our own organization and for our clients.
- Collaboration and Teamwork. We believe that the best information is shared information. We also believe that we can best serve our clients, our candidates and our firm if we work together; and that shared success and the success of our colleagues leads to success for each of us.
Allegis Partners - Executive Search
To meet the full range of our clients' needs, Major, Lindsey & Africa works closely with its sister company, Allegis Partners, a global executive search firm. Allegis Partners delivers a boutique, high-touch approach to talent management, focusing on identifying diverse, top talent for board, C-suite and senior executive-level roles across a wide range of corporate functions and industries around the world. Contact us to find out more about our Executive Search capabilities with Allegis Partners.
MLA is Hiring
Major, Lindsey & Africa is always looking for highly qualified people to join our firm. We always have a variety of exciting opportunities available around the corner or around the globe. Find out more about employment opportunities available now at MLA.