MLA: Attorney Recruiters That Help Bridge the Gap
MLA's attorney recruiters make it their business to understand and value the needs of both sides of the working relationship in order to create a successful, synergistic match for all parties involved. Whether working with in-house counsel, an associate, a partner, a law firm, or a company, our recruiters pay close attention to the importance of building a dynamic, collaborative team that enhances a client's competitive edge.
Over three decades of experience has provided MLA with the best attorney recruiting services in the industry. Our recruiters are uniquely positioned to advise and collaborate with individuals throughout their careers, both when they are candidates and when they are hiring other attorneys. In fact, we regard this consultative role over the long term as one of the most valuable and rewarding aspects of our mission.
Attorney Recruitment for All Legal Positions
MLA has recruited for a wide range of legal positions across the United States and South America. Our Practice Groups understand their niche better than anyone and the scale of our recruitment network allows MLA to share knowledge easily to uncover the best opportunities for candidates and the best candidates to fill a wide range of attorney positions.
- Associate Recruitment: Our Associate Practice Group specializes in matching law firms with prospective associate-level candidates.
- Partner Recruitment: Our Partner Practice Group has placed partners at most of the world's top law firms.
- General (In-House) Counsel Recruitment: MLA has 30 years of experience placing in-house counsel at some of the world's largest companies.
- Law Firm Management Recruitment: Our experience working with law firms across the world has helped us develop a specialty in recruiting non-legal executive-level positions outside of law.
- Law Firm Expansion: Our recruiters provide specialized expertise in new market entry, helping law firms evaluate and implement new law office openings, acquisitions and partner group moves.
What Can You Expect When You Work With an MLA Attorney Recruiter?
- A Close, Long-term Recruiting Relationship. We pride ourselves on building close relationships so that we understand your unique recruiting requirements and goals for now and the future.
- More Clarity. We clarify precisely what you are looking for in a candidate or position so that you get the best fit.
- Recruiters Who Specialize. Our attorney recruiters specialize in a particular practice area – associate, partner, law firm management, in-house counsel or general counsel, or international law.
- Leading Industry Expertise. We stay current with the ever-changing legal marketplace by monitoring local and global business trends, changes in legal disciplines and organizational cultures, and trends in the attorney recruiting industry.
- More Than Just an Attorney Headhunter. Our recruiters are willing to delve deeper than just credentials and CVs (important as they are), to identify candidate's unique strengths and special qualities.
The Lifetime Value of MLA's Attorney Recruiters
It all adds up to achieving powerful placements time and again. Attorneys and legal professionals choose to work with us throughout their careers and on both sides of the recruiting equation:
- As law school graduates
- Young lawyers charting their careers
- Lawyers becoming associates
- Attorneys becoming in-house counsel
- Partners seeking new challenges
- In-house counsel seeking career advancement
- And then, full-circle, attorneys looking to recruit exceptional candidates to enhance their law firms and legal departments.
MLA: Legal Search Consultants That Help Bridge the Gap Between Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
With legal search consultants throughout the EMEA region, MLA has the services and capacity to meet your recruiting needs. We make it our business to find successful and synergistic matches on all sides of our working relationships. It starts with understanding the values and needs of all parties involved. Whether working with a solicitor in the UK, or an in-house counsel in the United Arab Emirates, MLA helps build dynamic and collaborative legal teams that provide clients with a competitive edge.
MLA has a long history in the region before opening its first office in 2004. That experience, coupled with 30 years of legal search services across the globe, gives MLA a depth of knowledge that other recruitment agencies cannot match. In the EMEA region, MLA has had particular success providing legal recruiting services in the following countries:
- United Arab Emirates
Our recruiters are also well connected with legal firms and the legal industry elsewhere in Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
Recruitment for All Legal Positions
MLA fills positions for a wide range of legal roles in the EMEA region. Our recruiters specialise in particular Practice Groups which enables them to understand their niche best. With the scale of our recruitment network, legal recruiters can easily share knowledge and experience across practice groups to help uncover the best opportunities for candidates and employers alike.
- Associate Recruitment: Meet recruiters from our Associate Practice Group who specialise in matching prospective associate-level candidates with the best law firms in the EMEA region.
- Partner Recruitment: Our Partner Practice Group has had success with the challenges of placing partners at many of the world's most recognized law firms. The services we offer include market intelligence and due diligence.
- General (In-House) Counsel Recruitment: Some of the largest companies in the world have depended on MLA's 30 years of experience placing in-house counsel.
- Law Firm Expansion: Our legal recruiters provide specialised expertise in new market entry, which presents its own challenges to law firm expansion. We help law firms evaluate and implement new law office openings, acquisitions and partner group moves.
Here Are Things to Expect When Working with an MLA Consultant?
- A Recruiting Relationship that is Built to Last. We pride ourselves on building close and long-term relationships with our clients. We want to understand each unique recruiting requirement so that we can help you reach your current and future goals.
- Clear Expectations. We clarify precisely what a candidate or position requires so that expectations are met and you get the best fit.
- Recruiters Who Specialise in Niches. Each of our Consultants specialise in a particular practice area – associate, partner , in-house counsel– so that you know you're getting the most qualified and knowledgeable recruiter.
- Tested Industry Expertise. We are constantly working to stay current with the ever-changing legal marketplace in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. By monitoring local, regional, and global business trends, changes in legal disciplines and organisational cultures, and trends in the legal recruiting industry, MLA is able to provide the best recruiting solutions.
- Results Demonstrate that We're Not Just Another Headhunter. We do more than just legal headhunting. Our Consultants typically delve deeper than a legal candidate's credentials and CVs (important as they may be). We strive to identify each candidate's unique strengths, weaknesses and special qualities that make them a good or bad fit.
The Ongoing Value of MLA's Consultants
All this adds up to a long history of achieving powerful legal placements in the EMEA region time and again. Lawyers and legal professionals work with us throughout their careers, sometimes switching to the other side of the recruiting equation:
- First perhaps, as young lawyers charting their careers
- Lawyers becoming associates
- Lawyers taking in-house counsel positions
- Partners seeking new opportunities and challenges
- Lawyers in in-house counsel positions looking for career advancement
- And often it returns full-circle, to a point where established lawyers are looking to recruit exceptional candidates for themselves.
MLA Asia Pacific: Legal Recruiting Solutions With Of-The-Moment Market Intelligence
MLA's Asia and Australia-based consultants possess a deep appreciation and understanding of the process involved in recruiting lawyers for clients and matching qualified lawyers with law firms, multinationals and financial services organizations. This process has evolved over 30 years of providing legal search services across the globe. MLA's global footprint in every key legal market on the planet provides our Asia consultants with critical and unparalleled access to Law Firm Chairmen, Executive Committee Members, Global General Counsel, and Global Heads of Human Resources, in addition to their local market expertise gained over more than one decade in Asia. Our clients have a deep trust in our capabilities and our candidates are served by it.
Major, Lindsey & Africa's legal recruiting consultants are uniquely positioned to advise and collaborate with our lawyer candidates throughout their careers, both when they are candidates themselves and when they are hiring other lawyers. We regard this consultative role over the span of our candidate's careers as one of the most valuable and rewarding aspects of our mission.
Recruitment Expertise in Asia for All Legal Positions
For decades, MLA has recruited for a wide range of legal positions around the world. Our Practice Groups understand their niche better than any competitor in Asia and the international scale of our recruitment network allows MLA to easily share knowledge between recruiters. This network helps MLA uncover the best opportunities for candidates and the best candidates to fill a wide range of legal roles.
- Associate Recruitment: Our Associate Practice Group specializes in matching law firms with prospective associate-level candidates. We work with US, UK, Hong Kong and People's Republic of China law firms. Our global footprint provides our Asia Pacific consultants with access to US and UK candidates who are in demand in the region. And as a result of our relationships with the headquarters of global firms, we are able to offer a local candidate pool with knowledge of the firm's global strategies.
- Partner Recruitment: Our Partner Practice Group not only has placed partners at some of the world's top law firms in Asia and Australia, but we have established more Asia offices for US law firms than any other recruitment firm by a large measure. We also have established Hong Kong Law Practices for a number of US law firms over the past few years. We have over ten years of developing relationships with key Managing Partners and Hiring Partners at most firms in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney.
- In-House Counsel Recruitment: MLA has 30 years of experience placing in-house counsel at some of the world's largest companies. Our Asia Pacific consultants leverage this experience and the relationships held by our overseas colleagues for decades to provide deep insight to the workings of the companies where we place Asia Pacific counsel. MLA's unique retained search approach offers our in-house candidates unparalleled insights into the culture and business dynamics of our clients that are generally not available to competitors working strictly on a contingent basis. This methodology allows MLA to remain ethical and prevents conflicts of interest that are inherent in a contingent search process . MLA's Asia consultants also are expert in filling “First China Counsel” roles and are adept at assisting clients in establishing their first Asia legal function.
- Law Firm Expansion: Our Partner Practice recruiters provide specialized expertise in new market entry, helping law firms evaluate and implement new law office openings, acquisitions and partner group moves throughout Asia and beyond.
What To Expect When Working With an MLA Consultant in the Asia Pacific Region
- Specialized Asia Pacific Legal Search Consultants. Our consultants specialize in particular practice areas in the Asia Pacific region – associate, partner, and in-house counsel.
- Industry Expertise. In Asia's ever-changing legal and political landscape it is essential that we keep up to date on local, regional and global business and legal trends. In Asia, changes in legal disciplines and organizational cultures are constant, and it requires close monitoring of changes relevant to the legal search industry in Asia.
- Not Just Another Legal "Headhunter." There are plenty of legal headhunters in the Asia Pacific regions. But our consultants are far more that that. We are well-trained to consider more than just credentials and CV to identify the unique strengths and special qualities required in a position. We will not match a candidate who is not on point with a client's need just for the sake of saving face. We save our clients on opportunity costs, and we will not waste our candidates' time with reckless submissions. Maintaining our reputation in the Asia Pacific market is as crucial to our business model as it is to yours.
The Lifetime Value of MLA's Consultants
We create powerful placements time and again. Lawyers and legal professionals looking to move to a firm or company choose to work with MLA throughout their careers. Contact MLA if you are a:
- Newly qualified lawyer
- Young lawyer planning your career
- Lawyer based outside of Asia, looking for opportunities in Asia
- Private Practice lawyer looking to go in-house
- Partner seeking new platforms
- Partner Group looking to develop and expand their practice
- In-house counsel seeking career advancement
And so often it comes full-circle, as lawyers looking to recruit the best possible candidates to build their law firms and legal departments return to MLA time and time again because of the consistency of their experience with us throughout their careers.
Find out more about our recruiting services in the Asia Pacific region by contacting one of MLA's offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong or Sydney. From these offices, MLA serves Hong Kong, Beijing, Melbourne, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Seoul and Sydney, as well as other major cities in Asia and Australia regions.