Brandy Russell is a Managing Director in the In-House Practice Group. Based in the New York office, Brandy helps build the in-house legal departments for clients in a variety of industries. With experience as a commercial litigator, Brandy brings insight into the inner workings of top-tier law firms as well as the in-house departments of financial institutions to her recruiting practice.
Outside of the office, you are likely to find Brandy in negotiations with her three year old, drinking wine, on her yoga mat, or some combination of the three.
Before joining Major, Lindsey & Africa, Brandy practiced law for nine years as a commercial litigator with the New York offices of Anderson, Kill & Olick P.C., McKee Nelson LLP and Bingham McCutchen LLP. Her legal practice focused on securities related litigation, defending international banks and hedge fund clients against allegations of securities fraud, breach of contract and other business torts.
Some of Brandy's placements include:
- QuisLex, three placements including the Vice President, Legal Services and founder of its San Francisco office
- Empire State Realty Trust, Associate General Counsel and successor to the General Counsel
- Hertz Corporation, Vice President, Labor & Employment Law
- Nardello & Co.: Managing Director, Head of the Americas and General Counsel
- Xylem, Inc.: Global Investigations Counsel
- Columbia University: Assistant General Counsel
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law: J.D.
University of North Carolina M.A., Comparative Literature
University of North Carolina: B.A., Comparative Literature