Stacey Alton is a Managing Director with our In-House Practice Group in New York City. She is a seasoned executive legal recruiter who specializes in placing highly talented general counsel, senior attorneys and compliance officers with corporate clients across a variety of industries including: manufacturing, consumer products, healthcare, pharmaceutical, media and advertising, technology, real estate and financial services.
Stacey has completed several half-marathons and is a Flywheel Sports (spin) enthusiast.
Prior to joining Major, Lindsey & Africa, Stacey was a commercial litigation attorney in the San Francisco Bay Area, where she was born and raised.
Highlights of Stacey's placements include:
- Angelo, Gordon & Co. - Senior Counsel & General Counsel of AG Mortgage Investment Trust Inc.
- BMO Financial - Senior Counsel (Derivatives)
- Burford Capital - Chief Corporate Counsel; Director, US Underwriting
- Catlin Group - Corporate Counsel (Alternative Asset Investment)
- Church Pension Group - Vice President and Assistant Secretary (Regulatory)
- Corning, Inc. - Vice President and General Intellectual Property Counsel
- Cotiviti Corporation - General Counsel
- Dun & Bradstreet - Associate General Counsel-Innovation
- Fidelity Investments - Senior Legal Counsel
- Foot Locker, Inc. - Associate General Counsel (Securities)
- A Global Mass Media Company - Vice President, Senior Counsel-Corporate Transactions
- Hedge Fund Law Report - Editor-in-Chief
- Marubeni America Corporation - Assistant General Manager and Senior Counsel
- Midwood Investment and Development - General Counsel
- NBTY, Inc. - General Counsel; Deputy General Counsel-Regulatory Affairs
- New York Daily News/U.S. News & World Report - Assistant General Counsel (Labor and Employment)
- Port Authority of New York & New Jersey - General Counsel
- Shazam Entertainment Limited - General Counsel
- Weight Watchers, International, Inc. - Assistant General Counsel-Labor & Employment; Corporate Counsel-Internet & Technology; Senior Corporate Counsel-Corporate and Securities
- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. - General Counsel
Noteworthy Compliance and Regulatory Placements:
- Astenbeck Capital - Deputy Compliance Officer
- Cotiviti Corporation - Associate General Counsel and VP of Compliance and Risk Management
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - Director, Compliance & Ethics
- Softcard (acquired by Google) - Chief Compliance Officer; Senior Regulatory & Operations Counsel
- TPG Capital - Deputy General Counsel & Compliance Manager
- Western & Southern Financial Group, Inc. - Vice President & Chief Compliance Officer
Golden Gate University School of Law: J.D.
University of California, Santa Cruz: B.A., Psychology
Admitted to practice law in California, New York and Washington, D.C.