Building an International Legal Department: Obstacles and Opportunities
Presented by Sidley Austin LLP and Major, Lindsey & Africa
NOTE: This event has been postponed to a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience.
As businesses and organizations expand globally, their legal departments also need to consider their global reach. Join Sidley Austin and Major, Lindsey & Africa for a discussion with leading General Counsel as they discuss the challenges and decisions they faced when building—and retaining—a successful international legal team.
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ET
Sidley Austin, LLP
787 7th Ave
New York, NY 10019
Topics of discussion will include how to:
- Organize a multinational legal department with lawyers located outside of the United States
- Develop strategies to build and manage international legal capacity
- Motivate, integrate and coordinate with lawyers serving in multiple jurisdictions and business units
- Manage cultural aspects and considerations of global legal departments
Who should attend:
- General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel or senior lawyers involved in hiring and/or managing lawyers based overseas
First Session Panelists:
- Andrew Bonzani, - Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of IPG
- Ricardo A. Anzaldua - Executive Vice President & General Counsel, MetLife, Inc.
- LaTanya Langley - Vice President and General Counsel, Developing Markets, Bic International Co.
Moderated by George W. Madison, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
Second Session Panelists:
- Barrett Avigdor - Executive Director, Latin America, Major, Lindsey & Africa
- Olivia Seet - Head of In-House Practice Group, Asia Pacific, Major, Lindsey & Africa
- Bianca Thomond - Head of In-House Practice Group, EMEA, Major, Lindsey & Africa
Moderated by Lee Udelsman, Managing Partner, Major, Lindsey & Africa
This event will also take place in Chicago on Tuesday, March 8 from 7:30 – 10:30 a.m. and Washington D.C. on Wednesday, March 16 from 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.