Building an International Legal Department: Obstacles and Opportunities
Presented by Sidley Austin LLP and Major, Lindsey & Africa
NOTE: This event has been postponed to a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience.
As businesses and organizations expand globally, their legal departments also need to consider their global reach. Join Sidley Austin and Major, Lindsey & Africa for a discussion with leading General Counsel as they discuss the challenges and decisions they faced when building—and retaining—a successful international legal team.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ET
Sidley Austin, LLP
1501 K Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20005
Topics of discussion will include how to:
- Organize a multinational legal department with lawyers located outside of the United States
- Develop strategies to build and manage international legal capacity
- Motivate, integrate and coordinate with lawyers serving in multiple jurisdictions and business units
- Manage cultural aspects and considerations of global legal departments
Who should attend:
- General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel or senior lawyers involved in hiring and/or managing lawyers based overseas