Protect and Defend: Why Cybersecurity Matters and What You Can Do to Protect Your Organization and Board from Data Breach Risks
With cyber threats being called "one of the most serious economic and national security challenges" facing corporate America, GCs across the nation
at businesses large and small find themselves on the front lines helping to ensure that companies' most important business assets remain secure and their risks legal and otherwise kept at a minimum.
Join us as Dykema and Major, Lindsey & Africa present a discussion of cybersecurity risks, specifically designed for GCs. The event will feature a blue-ribbon panel addressing important and timely topics, such as:
- Why cybersecurity isn't just an IT problem
- The legal implications of President Obama's cybersecurity executive order on the private sector and critical infrastructure entities
- Practical implications of the new E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and GDPR
- A look ahead to potential future legislative and compliance obligations
- What corporate board members want
and need to know to protect companies from theft of intellectual property, consumer data and critical assets
- What—if anything—public companies need to disclose to the SEC about cybersecurity risk in the Form 10-K
- Practical advice to identify, assess and respond to cybersecurity risks and attacks
- Rebecca Bortolotti, Vice President and Chief Technology Counsel, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
- Aaron Charfoos, Member of the Cybersecurity and Privacy, Data Security & E-Commerce Groups, Dykema
- Paul Johnston, General Counsel, Thrivent Financial
- AUSA Timothy Rank, Deputy Criminal Chief, Fraud and Public Corruption Section, Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property Coordinator, National Security Cyber Specialist, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Minnesota
The panel will be moderated by Jonathan Feld, Member of Dykema’s Cybersecurity Group and Leader of the Government Investigations and Corporate Compliance Team, with introductory remarks from Heather Fine, Managing Director with Major, Lindsey & Africa.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
8:00 am Breakfast and Networking
9:30 am Presentation
Radisson Blu Downtown Minneapolis
35 South 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Please RSVP by April 20, 2016, to Beth Massing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLE anticipated in Minneapolis, Illinois, California and Texas. Assistance with other jurisdictions provided.