2018 National Bar Association Gateway to Success Conference
March 22 - 25, 2018
Please join Major, Lindsey & Africa's Sonya Som during the featured panel at the National Bar Association Gateway to Success Conference in Nashville, TN.
Friday, March 23, 2018 - 9:30-11:00 a.m.
General Counsel Roundtable
General Counsel Roundtable will discuss the next steps to take in the next 90, 180, and 365 days to reach the General Counsel level for Corporate Counsel and Outside Counsel. The panel discussion will include evolution of the General Counsel role; skill set assessments and how to develop needed skill, how to increase your visibility, succession, and recruiting trends. Finally, the characteristics of a high-performing General Counsel including emotional intelligence, how to build a strong legal department and the General Counsel as a Strategic Partner including contributions to company goals and playing an active role in the business, and responsibilities to the board and role in the board room will be presented.
- Dorothy Capers, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, National Express
- Tim Casey, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Numotion
- Donna Coaxum, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary at OSI Group, LLC
- Lloyd M. Johnson, Jr., Publisher and Community Leader, Summit Business Media
- Ekumene Lysonge, Vice President & General Counsel CafePress Inc.
- Sonya Olds Som, Partner in Major, Lindsey & Africa
For more information and to register, click here.