Janet Markoff is a Partner of the firm and member of our New York Partner Practice Group. She has advanced the careers of some of the most highly regarded attorneys in the United States, Europe and Latin America. She has also placed groups and individual partners in a variety of practice areas including corporate, litigation, IP, bankruptcy, real estate, labor & employment and trusts & estates. In addition, she has assisted in a successful law firm merger and opening international offices for firms expanding into Latin America. Her search strategy is predicated on long-term relationships with attorneys throughout the market, some for decades.
Janet has two children: Lily Momeyer, a graduate of George Washington University's Business School who works in sales development at UNiDAYS, a start-up based in the United Kingdom; and Jack Momeyer, a graduate of Swarthmore College who works in management for DoorDash, a start-up based in Northern California. She lives in Greenwich Village.
Janet began her career in legal search in 1986. She most recently served as our Partner Practice Group's leader for seven years.
She was recently featured in the LeftFoot Podcast on business development, has spoken at legal conferences and PLI events and is the author of "The secret of getting ahead at work? Get a work spouse"(Fortune); "Time for a Common Lateral Partner Questionnaire" (Law Firm Partnership and Benefits Report); "Older and Better: Partner Retirement Policies" (Law Journal Newsletters).
Recent representative matters include:
- The successful placement of a high profile, four partner IP/patent group;
- The successful placement of a real estate global leader and his partner;
- The successful placements of several high profile M&A partners into a global firm;
- The successful placement of a firm leader and his two partners in a capital markets/securities group;
- The successful placement of a well-known Labor & Employment and entertainment partner;
- The successful placements of numerous White Collar groups and individuals, including several high-ranking government attorneys directly into partnership positions at global firms.
Tufts University: B.A., Political Science and French
Institut d’Études Politiques, Paris, France
La Sorbonne, Paris, France
Women In Law Empowerment Forum, National Co-Vice Chair