Brian T. Davis, Partner, handles lateral partner recruiting as well as in-house searches for financial services clients. He is particularly skilled in corporate, corporate finance, capital markets, private equity, hedge fund, compliance and tax searches for major financial institutions, broker-dealers, hedge funds, private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds, family offices and law firms.
Brian is an active member of the Board of Trustees of an all girls' school in the Bronx, N.Y.
Brian has been involved in the New York legal community for many years. He has served as general counsel to a publicly held Internet company and was a senior partner in a mid-sized New York law firm specializing in corporate, finance, tax and securities law. He also served as that firm's hiring partner for several years. Brian became a legal recruiter in 1998 and joined Major, Lindsey & Africa three years later.
Brian placed the general counsel at many asset management companies. Included among those firms are:
- Texas Pacific Group
- Fortress Investment Group
- D.E. Shaw & Co.
- AEA Investors
- Cowen & Company
- H/2 Capital
- Silver Point Capital
- Merrill Lynch Bank & Trust Co.
- TPG Growth
- Bain (Asia)
- The Church Pension Group
- Maverick Capital
- Pointstate Capital
- Evercore Wealth Management
- Blue Ridge Capital
- GTCR Golder Rauner
- Evercore Capital Markets
- Alden Global Capital
- Acorn Advisory Capital
- Pergamon Capital
- Think Equity Partners
- Gatehouse Media
- Aircastle Investments
- Logan Circle Partners
He has also placed:
- Chief Legal Officer at TPG-Axon Capital
- A partner at Cheyne Capital in London
- Deputy General Counsel at Fortress Investments and Bank of America
- Associate General Counsel at AIG Investments, Providence Equity Partners, Magnetar Capital, Warburg Pincus, Fidelity Investments, Bain Capital, Silver Point Capital, J.C. Flowers & Co., Bank of America, Credit Suisse, CIT Capital, Newcastle Partners, Fortress Investments, Viking Global, GSC Partners, D&B Corporation, TPG Special Situation Partners, New York Life Investment Management, Angelo Gordon, Ospraie Management, Honeywell, Sandell Asset Management, and many others
- Chief Compliance Officer at many hedge and private equity funds
- A portfolio analyst at Marin Capital
Brian also handled a high-level search for Glenview Capital Management and Blue Ridge Capital. He helped open the Moscow office of a prominent international law firm and the New York office of a major Texas law firm and placed partners at top-10 national law firms.
New York University School of Law: LL.M. (in taxation)
Brooklyn Law School: J.D.
Fordham University: B.A.
Admitted to practice in New York and California