Dimitri Mastrocola is a Partner and one of the preeminent legal recruiters on Wall Street and beyond. His executive search practice is focused on general counsel, in-house counsel and compliance officer search for national and international corporations, asset managers, hedge funds, private equity firms, proprietary trading firms, broker-dealers and corporate / investment banks.
Beyond legal and compliance recruiting, Dimitri helps clients to fill C-suite executive positions across the entire organization, with deep expertise placing senior finance, marketing, R&D, sales and operations professionals, as well as traders and portfolio managers.
Dimitri's area of strongest legal recruiting focus is placing senior talent within financial services firms. He is regularly retained as an exclusive executive search consultant by alternative asset management firms (hedge funds, private equity firms, family offices), traditional asset managers, proprietary trading firms, broker-dealers and corporate/investment banks.
Dimitri is a former corporate lawyer who brings more than 15 years of law firm and financial industry experience to executive search. Prior to joining Major, Lindsey & Africa, he worked as a corporate attorney with Shearman & Sterling in New York and as an associate general counsel with Citigroup's corporate and investment bank in New York.
Dimitri has, among others, placed general counsel at:
- Maverick Capital
- Tiger Management
- Abrams Capital
- JS Capital Management
- Communications Sales & Leasing, Inc.
- Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board
- PointState Capital
- H/2 Capital Partners
- The Edelman Financial Group
- Diligent Board Member Services
- ArcelorMittal Dofasco
- Astenbeck Capital
- Alden Global Capital
- Evercore Trust Company
- Evercore Wealth Management
- Aegis Media Americas
Other noteworthy placements he has made include:
- Deputy General Counsel at Sankaty Advisors and AEA Investors LP
- Chief Compliance Officer at Bain Capital, Stone Ridge Asset Management, PointState Capital, H/2 Capital Partners, Astenbeck Capital, Evercore Partners, Evercore Trust Company, Sandelman Partners LP and Merrill Lynch Bank & Trust Co.
- Head of Global Regulatory Affairs at CLS Bank International
- New York Head of Enforcement at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Editor-in-Chief at the Hedge Fund Law Report
- Counsels at Tower Research Capital, D.E. Shaw & Co., Relevent Sports, Intermediate Capital Group, Guardian Life, The Clearing House, Bain Capital, Viking Global Investors, Burford Group, J.C. Flowers, TPG Capital, Fortress Investment Group, Eton Park Capital, Jane Street Capital, BMO Capital Markets, Catlin Group Limited, Mizuho Capital Markets, Ospraie Management, Merrill Lynch, Barclays Capital, Bear Stearns, Macquarie Group and USI Holdings
McGill University, Faculty of Law: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B. / J.D. equivalent) and Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.)
Vanier College (Montreal, Canada): B.S., Business