Heather Fine, a Partner in our Chicago In-House Practice Group, specializes in placing attorneys in corporate legal departments in a variety of industries. She handles in-house searches ranging from corporate counsel positions to general counsel roles in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, higher education, healthcare, consumer products, telecommunications, retail, technology, pharmaceuticals, professional services and financial services. Over the last several years, Heather has managed searches for public and private companies of all sizes (including several Fortune 500 companies). Her extensive recruiting experience allows her to excel at matching her clients with the best candidate for the company.
In addition, Heather has authored several articles related to the legal search field and also speaks regularly at various conferences and on panels on related subjects. Outside of work, Heather enjoys running and loves to travel whenever she has the chance. She also is a mentor and board member at Legal Prep Charter Academy, a charter high school, which serves students and families in at-risk communities in Chicago.
Prior to joining Major, Lindsey & Africa, Heather worked for several years at the Children's Law Center in Washington, D.C., representing children in the foster care system. She also served as counsel for the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs' Special Investigation into Hurricane Katrina.
Heather began her legal career in a boutique firm in the D.C. metro area. Prior to entering law school, she worked on Capitol Hill for a United States Senator.
Some of Heather's representative placements include:
- Illinois Tool Works – Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary
- Enterprise Holdings – Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- Wellesley College – General Counsel
- Forest City Realty Trust – Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary
- Tennant Company – Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
- The Joint Commission – General Counsel
- Kindred Healthcare – Deputy General Counsel – Litigation & Government Investigation
- IDEX Corporation – Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary
- Iowa State University – General Counsel
- Ecolab – Chief IP Counsel
- University of Michigan – Deputy General Counsel
Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law: J.D., with honors
Colby College: B.A.
Admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Illinois
Legal Prep Charter Academy, Board Member