Jacquelyn Knight, a Partner in our New York office, has successfully counseled more than 100 partners of varied backgrounds in their placements in mid-sized and large national and global firms as well as groups of partners on complex searches. Over the last decade, she has worked with many high-profile attorneys and groups, some with a multi-geographic practice focus.
Jacquelyn is an expert in the New York legal market and regularly meets with litigation and corporate partners in order to inform them of the current legal market. Her market intelligence, enhanced by her firm's global presence and partners in more than 20 offices worldwide, is unmatched. She regularly conducts targeted searches in order to complete strategic placements in varied areas of practice. She does not only match parameters on practice fit and metrics of practice but also finds the best cultural fit for candidates and clients. Much of her client work is repeat work, given the success of her placements, and most of her partner candidates are referred by partners she placed through a successful candidate interview process and integration.
Before becoming a legal recruiter, Jacquelyn practiced as an attorney in New York. While in college, she was a human resource director at a New York brokerage firm. After earning her J.D. from St. John's University School of Law, she worked as a federal litigator for five years at the National Labor Relations Board in New York.
With respect to individual partner deals, Jacquelyn has completed many placements, representing individuals:
- Working in practice areas that include Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets, Finance, Investment Management, Real Estate, Commercial Litigation, Restructuring, White Collar, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Executive Compensation, ERISA, Insurance, Tax and Antitrust.
- Leaving government positions at SDNY, EDNY, DOJ and SEC in their placement at law firms.
With respect to group partner deals, Jacquelyn has completed many complex transactions, including representing:
- Multiple partners in a 100-lawyer firm acquisition by a global firm.
A team of Litigation attorneys in an opening of a New York office for a national firm.
- A group of ten Capital Markets and M&A attorneys in a move to a global firm.
- A team of Private Equity lawyers in their move to a global firm.
- A group of six Hedge Fund lawyers in their move to a global firm.
- A White Collar boutique in their move to a global firm.A team of Real Estate partners in their move to a national firm.
- A team of eight International Arbitration lawyers in their move to a global firm.
A team of three Intellectual Property Litigation partners opening a New York office for a national firm.
- A team of four Structured Finance attorneys in their move to a New York based firm.
Jacquelyn also executes searches for her partners in the in-house group, meeting with and referring appropriate partner candidates for general counsel and other searches.
St. John's University School of Law: J.D.
Fordham University: B.S., Business and Economics, summa cum laude