The 2020 report marks the fourth edition of our groundbreaking Lateral Partner Satisfaction Survey.
Respondents representing partners across the United States and abroad weighed in on the factors impacting lateral moves. Topics surveyed include:
- Reasons for leaving a firm
- Compensation changes after a move
- Integration into the new firm
- Would a partner make the same decision to move firms
Results from this year’s study indicate that:
- Compensation ranked only sixth as a reason to seek a lateral move
- An increasing number of female partners are joining the lateral market
- Many partners are making life-changing decisions with very little due diligence
For the complete results, download the report.