Finding the right person for an important in-house role can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. As one of the most seasoned in-house recruiters at Major, Lindsey & Africa, I am able to execute a search quickly and thoroughly, identifying ideal candidates who match my client’s needs and desires. I also excel at communicating regularly and transparently with clients. These traits, together with a drive for excellence, have made me one of the firm’s top recruiters.
Lee Udelsman is the Managing Partner of our New York office and a leader in the firm's In-House Practice Group, where he focuses on senior-level in-house searches. He also is a member of the firm's Life Sciences and Healthcare segment team, which is the largest and fastest growing business sector in the world. He has assisted all types of organizations, including both branded and generic pharmaceutical companies, contract manufacturing organizations, contract research organizations, dietary supplement companies, healthcare supply chain organizations, healthcare-related technology organizations and medical device companies, recruit talent at all levels to meet the challenges faced in today's highly competitive healthcare marketplace.
Before joining Major, Lindsey & Africa, Lee was a labor and employment lawyer and hiring partner for a prominent New Jersey law firm. In addition to his undergraduate and law degrees, Lee earned a Master of Laws from Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C.
He has written articles on the general counsel function titled “Successful General Counsel Succession Planning,” and "Today's General Counsel Must Be a Jack of All Trades" that were published by The American Lawyer. He has also served on panels with the Association for Corporate Counsel and the American Bar Association and is frequently quoted in the press on issues pertaining to in-house counsel.
Lee has completed more than 25 general counsel searches for both public and private companies across a variety of industries, including:
- Nestle Waters North America
- Schindler Elevator Corporation
- Interpublic Group
- Samsung Electronics America
- ACE Limited (Chubb)
- C.R. Bard
- Princeton University
- New York Racing Association
- Panasonic Corporation of North America
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation
- University of Rochester Medical Center
Lee also has helped build the legal department at such companies as:
- Coty Inc.
- McCormick & Company Inc.
- Mylan Inc.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings America Inc.
- Tiffany & Co.
- Church Pension Group
- Weight Watchers International Inc. (where he has made multiple placements)
Representative clients include:
- ABM Industries Inc.
- Allergan, plc
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals
- Banco Popular North America
- BMW North of America
- Carestream Health
- Catalent Pharma Solutions
- CLS Bank International
- Columbia University
- Computershare Investor Services
- ConMed Corporation
- Connolly Inc.
- Covance Inc.
- Crane Co.
- DJO Global
- Diligent Board Member Services
- DRS Technologies Inc.
- Dun & Bradstreet Inc.
- Eaton Vance Management
- EMCOR Group, Inc.
- Empire State Realty Trust
- Fairchild Semiconductor International Inc.
- Ferrero USA
- Frontier Communications
- GAF Materials Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Gerber Life Insurance Company (Nestlé Nutrition)
- Glanbia Performance Nutrition
- Harsco Corporation
- Harvard Maintenance
- Lehigh Valley Health Network
- International Specialty Products Inc. (Ashland Inc.)
- Maxum Petroleum
- Medidata Solutions
- MedImmune Inc. (Astra Zeneca)
- Midwood Investment & Development
- PPG Industries
- Public Broadcasting Service
- QBE Insurance
- Recording Industry Association of America
- Selective Insurance Group
- Skanska USA
- Smiths Group PLC
- Stanley Security Solutions (Stanley Black & Decker)
- Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Thor Industries Inc.
- The Carlyle Group
- Warnaco Group (Phillips Van Heusen)
- XL Capital Ltd
Georgetown University Law Center – Washington, D.C.: LLM
University of Baltimore Law School: J.D.
University of Maryland, College Park: B.A., high honors